The Administrative section at the Faculty of Law and Political Science has a number of administrative units. The functions of each unit are as follows:
First: Human Resources Unit
• Concerns with the faculty staff transactions (teaching staff and
employees) monitor and update their files according to the variables.
• Issuing administrative orders of annual allowances, promotion,
vacations of all kinds, salary adjustment, and so on.
- official correspondence with other authorities and act as a channel of communication between the faculty and its various departments, people and units with the university, other universities and various state institutions, and the administration and organization of internal and external mail.
- Monitoring the validity of documents and certificates issuing.
Second: Personal files and data Unit
• Organizing personal files of permanent teaching staff and employees in addition to employees on daily wages and lecturers from outside the college.
- Preparing CVs for the purposes of promotion, promotion, retirement and for the purposes of obtaining higher degrees.
Third: issuing and receiving unit
• Issuing official books on the college’s interactions with other parties.
• Receiving the official mail received from the University and others.
- Recording the college mail in an official registry and distribute it to the divisions and administrative units after informing and directing the faculty’s management according to the competence and functions.
Fourth: Retirement Unit
• Follow-up on changes in teaching staff and employees which are related to pension rights.
• To indicate the variables in the e-retirement program and to update it continuously with respect to annual allowances and functional services.
- Informing Presidency of the University with the changes periodically.
- Following up on the legal age of retirement for teaching staff and employees and informing the university when they reach it one year in advance.
- Promoting extension requests of service shall be obtained for those who have reached the statutory age of retirement and their follow-up for those who wish to do so shall be promoted one year before the legal age.
- Sending retirement files and make sure of their validity and following up on them for teachers and employees.
- Maintenance of the service record for teachers and staff.
- Complete support for students receiving retirement salary and email it to Diyala National Pension Agency.
Fifth. Information Unit
- Update information about teaching staff and employees through the Oracle system
•Update the data of the College’s employees monthly and prepare a monthly report.
•Issuing identities to faculty members, staff and college students in accordance with a pre-prepared database.
Sixth: Maintenance and Transportation Unit
• Maintenance of the faculty’s buildings and its attachments of appliances, furniture and gardens attached thereto.
Seventh: Services Unit
• Provide cleaning supplies for the college facilities.
• Follow-up daily cleaning and putting away trash.
• Take care of college gardens and green spaces, clean and coordinate them, mow grass and watering.
Eighth: Civil Defense Unit
• Preparation of civil defense requirements and safety measures to provide fire suppression and alarm devices.
• Organizing the entry and exit of students and visitors to and from the college in accordance with instructions issued by the Ministry and the university.
Ninth: Email unite
• Withdraw received e-mail and register it in a special register then transfer it to the dean’s office and distribute it to the relevant authorities in the College according to its competence and functions.