The Assistant Dean of the Faculty of Scientific Affairs has the following authorities to facilitate the work of students’ affairs in the Faculty:
- Organizing final exam schedules in coordination with scientific departments.
- Organizing the weekly timetable in coordination with the scientific departments and available classrooms to ensure the smooth flow of teaching process in postgraduate studies.
- To supervise the record of weekly lectures prepared so as to ensure the coverage of all the hours prescribed for each subject and in accordance with the applicable instructions in this regard.
- Monitoring the duration of postgraduate students in accordance with the applicable regulations and instructions.
- Audit of applications for admission to postgraduate studies after they have been received from the scientific departments and consolidated and submitted to the university presidency.
- Audit the transitions of postgraduate studies from other universities to postgraduate studies in the college and assigning them to the competent scientific departments for consideration and address the relevant authorities.
- To follow-up of postgraduate students in terms of time periods and their duration to study in accordance with regulations and instructions.
- Participation in meetings of graduate committees at the college to discuss postgraduate matters according to the department’s competence to ensure good performance.
- Prepare a postgraduate student discussion statement one week before the date of discussion and prepare the discussion committees reports and audit them and submit them to the College Council.
- Supervising the preparation of annual and postgraduate statistics in the faculty.
- Delivery of examination books and receipt of them in accordance with the applicable rules.
- Announcing examinations results after their approval by the postgraduate committees in the scientific departments and according to the competence.
- Providing scientific departments with degrees according to a model prepared for this purpose for approval by the postgraduate committees.
- Coordination with scientific departments on the delivery of examination questions and for the first and second cycles, as applied in the preliminary studies.
- Address the official institutions regarding matters related to the student’s postgraduate curriculum, from registration to graduation.
- Address the University Presidency/Department of Postgraduate Studies regarding matters relatied to the postgraduate student’s curriculum.
- To address the official institutions to obtain their approval for the lecturers after their names and affiliation have been determined by the competent scientific department.
- Signature of annual allowance forms and promotion for postgraduate staff as his superior head.
- Address the official institutions other than ministries with regard to these powers.
- Supervise the functioning of the Registration Division and distribute work among its employees and monitor their periodicity.
- To Sign the annual promotion and allowance forms for registration staff and as the direct head.
- To approve the granting of regular vocations to staff of the Registration Division that they deserve within the country, taking into account the provisions of the laws and regulations.
- Signing correspondence for Iraqi, Arab and foreign students with the Department of Student Registration at the University and University colleges and other official destinations.
- 24-. Organizing lists of acceptance of new students by alphabet, registration and their distribution and in coordination and cooperation with internal departments.
- 25. Organizing and auditing documents as well as grades, modules and prescribed and following up on preparatory study requirements for all levels of study.
- 26. Registration of students’ quarterly grades and preparation of records for grades and their retention after delivery from the examination committee.
- Signature of books that include referral of students to health centres and hospitals.
- Supervising students’ absences and entering them into records and organizing quarterly tables of students’ names and the number of absences of each of them and publishing them in the billboard and alerting students who exceed the legal limit of absences in cooperation and coordination with the scientific departments of the college.
- Organizing a compendium of students who quit study, failers, and fired.
- Signing students’ identities.
- Supervising students’ cultural, social and sports affairs in coordination with the Federal Committee.
- Prepare everything related to quarterly and final exams.
- Apply uniform instructions for students and take disciplinary penalties against violators.
34. Preparation whenever it relates to quarterly and final examinations.
35. Supervising the implementation of the examination instructions approved by the higher authorities of the Ministry and the University.
36-Supervising the printing of the reproduction and photography needs of students in connection with their studies and after the approval of the head of the competent department.
37. Allocate or grant some of these powers to the staff of the people associated with them.
38. Sign all matters relating to the exercise of these powers.
39. Approval of the disbursement in cases involving scientific affairs and students or postgraduate studies up to 20,000 dinars in each case, provided that the necessary financial appropriation is available in the annual budget at the college.
40. Approve the payment of wages, allowances and bonuses for students in primary and higher studies, including Iraqis, Arabs and foreigners, as approved by the laws, regulations and instructions .
41. Approve the purchase of books, magazines and private periodicals for the college library and up to 20 copies of each.
42. Financial and in-kind bonuses shall be awarded to the members of the administrative and scientific divisions of their administration in the range of (10000) ten thousand dinars for each case provided that financial allocation is available
43-Approve the printing of texts, thesis, reports and research in external printing offices in case of lack of self-ability at the college and the disbursement of the amounts realized thereon and in accordance with the instructions of the implementation of the budget window.
44. Issuing administrative orders for the dismissal of students due to absence and cheat.